Robert M. Narvaez MD, MBA
A mind for medicine, a heart for people
My formal training was invaluable to me – it was the foundation of my skill, my knowledge and my instincts as a gastroenterologist. But experience with my patients has taught me something far more important – behind every case, every painful condition, and every surgery – is a person. A person with fears and a busy schedule and many other things doctors don't find time to think about. I make the time...I focus on 'you.'
- MD: Creighton University School of Medicine, Omaha, NE
- Residency: Internal Medicine, Creighton University School of Medicine, Omaha, NE
- Fellowship: Gastroenterology, Wilford Hall Air Force Medical Center, San Antonio, TX
- MBA: Healthcare Administration and Electronic Commerce, Our Lady of the Lake University, San Antonio, TX (High Honors)
- BA: Biology, St. Mary's University, San Antonio, TX (Cum Laude)
- Licensed: State of Texas
Sharing valuable knowledge of the profession
I enjoy sharing my expertise with other respected leaders in my field. Remaining active in professional organizations allows me to exchange ideas and learn about the newest way to improve the care I offer my patients.
- Former Chief: Gastroenterology Clinic, Robert L. Thompson Regional Hospital, Carswell Air Force Base, Forth Worth, TX
- Member: American College of Gastroenterology, American Association of Physicians and Surgeons, American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition, American Telemedicine Association, Texas Medical Association, Bexar County Medical Society
- President: United Surgeons of San Antonio (1996-2001)
- Established: Home Technology Health Care, Inc., a corporation to deliver and manage Parenteral and Enteral nutrition for patients with digestive disorders
Giving back to the community
My commitment to this community isn't merely as a doctor, but also as a concerned, involved citizen. That's why I am involved in many different organizations and projects. I feel completely invested in San Antonio, both professionally and personally, and the people are the reward.
- Community Involvement: Equestrian Order of the Holy Sepulchre, Knights of Columbus; Technology Committee, Bexar County Medical Society, Confraternity of Christian Doctrine Instructor, St. Mark the Evangelist Catholic Church, San Antonio, TX
- Adcovational Interests: Roman Catholic Apologetics, weight lifting, fishing, hunting, telemedicine
- Contributes: To charities for teenage mothers, homeless shelters and various women's organizations